’Tis the season for festive, holiday hair. Whether you’re on the fundraising and charity event circuit or plan to attend family and office parties, there’s nothing that says, “celebrate” like an updo. It can be as simple as a pony tail or as elaborate as you choose. It has the power to convey your style as chic,’ trendy, cool, classic or a combination of all of the above.
Think about a few of the award shows you’ve seen on television recently. Most celebrities wouldn’t think of hitting the red carpet without pulling back their hair. In photos, it opens the face and eliminates the
distraction of hair hanging down in front.
Our stylists at Make Me Fabulous are talking about Kendall Jenner’s hair in this photo. It is arranged to purposely appear a bit “messy.” A few strands are pulled-out around Kendall’s face, framing her beautiful features and exuding sexy and chic’.
At the shop or on location, updos are our “thing.” Wkeeddings, proms, parties and photo shoots inspire us and fill us with the desire to share our creative flair with you. Our stylists just adore designing your masterpieces.
Because the holidays fill us with generosity, #teamfab has collaborated with our friends at Bumble and bumble and pulled together a few tips we’d like to share with you on creating your own holiday hair style at home.
- Spritz Bumble and bumble’s Surf Spray evenly into dry hair for grip and texture.
- Massage Bumble and bumble’s Prêt-a’-powder from roots to ends for added volume.
- Part hair in the center, and create texture on either side of the head with fingers or a by wrapping strands around a large curling iron.
- For a slightly undone feel, around the hairline. run your fingers through the hair and pull out a few pieces around the face and smooth with a flat iron.
- Pin the ends of the hair in a messy bun above the nape.
- Dress in your finest and hit your next holiday party with the confidence of the stars!
- Finish with any one of our favorite hair sprays to keep your “do” going as long as you do. Try Does It All which gives soft hold and shine.
For tips on other fabulous holiday ‘do’s, check out Bumble and bumble’s website.
Go ahead and give it a shot. You can pick up your own Surf Spray or Prêt-a’-powder right here at Make Me Fabulous. Afterward, leave us a note in the comments section and tell us how it worked for you or tag us in your Facebook post with a picture of your gorgeous ‘do.
Our stylists always welcome your visits, too. Set up an appointment and let us help you look fabulous for your next fancy or special event.
Take a Sneak Peek at what we have happening for New Year’s Eve style, too! CLICK HERE